Updated: Jul 2, 2020
Today starts the third quarter of the year and we have created a list of books that can help you finish the second half of the year off with a bang. Here's 10 books that can help you level up personally and professionally.
1. Building a Story Brand teaches the seven universal story points all humans respond to, the real reason customers make purchases, how to simplify a brand message so people understand it, and how to create the most effective messaging for websites, brochures, and social media.
2. Think and Grow Rich has been used by millions of business leaders around the world to create a concrete plan for success that, when followed, never fails. He wrote about how to build the philosophy of all personal success-whether it be measured in terms of Money, Power, Position, Prestige, Influence, or Accumulation of Wealth.
3. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, You Are a Badass at Making Money and You Are a Badass Every Day, make unrealistic suggestions and solutions to problems that are doable and approaches everything with a charming sense of humor.
4. Originals. The Author Grant uses studies and stories spanning business, politics, sports, and entertainment. Grant explores how to recognize a good idea, speak up without getting silenced, build a coalition of allies, choose the right time to act, and manage fear and doubt; how parents and teachers can nurture originality in children; and how leaders can build cultures that welcome dissent.
5. The New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Workweek shows readers how to live more and work less. Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan, there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
6. Power is an essential part of life. In his personal development book, Greene gives you 48 Laws of Power that you can recognize and apply at any point in your life. This book is a compilation of tactics to help you achieve more and avoid mistakes as you climb through life. This is highly recommended for people who want to gain power, keep power, and protect it from those trying to manipulate you.
7. Boss Women & Men Pray is an international movement seeking to bridge the gap between succeeding in business while nurturing the spirit. The prayers on each page will ignite something inside of you and make you feel like you were right there as these prayers were written. You no longer have to feel alone in your business endeavors. You will walk away from this book empowered out of your mind to reach your full potential in business and in life!
8. Learn to lead an empowered life with this supportive and positive guide for those who are discovering their empath abilities and looking for information to help in understanding their gift, as well as how to embrace it and thrive in everyday life. In The Empath Experience, you’ll find detailed information on what it means to be an empath and the different ways this gift can influence your life in positive ways. How to embrace the positive aspects of this special talent, get in touch with and understand your emotions, and tips and techniques to help you feel your best—even when someone else may be feeling their worst.
9. Dare to Lead. Leadership is not about titles, status, and wielding power. A leader is anyone who takes responsibility for recognizing the potential in people and ideas, and has the courage to develop that potential. Daring leadership in a culture defined by scarcity, fear, and uncertainty requires skill-building around traits that are deeply and uniquely human.
10. Who Moved My Cheese? Reveal profound truths about dealing with change so that you can enjoy less stress and more success in your work and in your life. Exploring a simple way to take the fear and anxiety out of managing the future, Who Moved My Cheese? can help you discover how to anticipate, acknowledge, and accept change in order to have a positive impact on your job, your relationships, and every aspect of your life.
The Leading with Lee Team