Quick question, how are you packaging yourself and your business?
Marketing goes beyond a write-up in a magazine. To generate the right leads for your business during a marketing campaign, it should have a strong brand story, headline, marketing system, high-resolution visuals, and delivery.
So, how do you know if paid marketing will help you gain leads?
If you've checked off everything on the below list, chances are, you are destined to gain traction with your feature.
1. Have a clear understanding of what you are marketing. Are you marketing a specific product or service, are you marketing the company as a whole, or are you marketing yourself as an expert?
2. Have a strong brand message or story that will connect you with potential leads. Remember, people like to buy from people. Make sure your message resonates with them.
3. Create a system where you can track the process. For example, track new leads, new clients, new partnerships, and new followers on an excel spreadsheet or tracking system.
"Nobody reads ads. People read what interests them. Sometimes, it's an ad."
4. Take professional photos. Make sure to have up-to-date professional photos ready when you submit a feature to a media outlet.
5. Make sure all your socials are current. Make sure your social media and website are active, and also make sure it's easy for new leads to contact or purchase from you after they see your feature.
6. Create a media budget. This should have been first :-).
If you need assistance with creating a marketing and media strategy, click here to get started.
Written by: Lee K. Whetstone, Founder, and Editor-in-Chief