Tashell Williams wears many hats, but most importantly she is a woman of God, proud wife and a mother of 4 beautiful children. Tashell nearly lost her life when she had her lung removed in 2000. Who would have known that through that tragedy she would find her purpose in helping women be the best version of themselves through Beauty and Wellness. Not only does Tashell survive with one lung, she THRIVES as a 20+ year Licensed Hair Expert, Owner of Euphoric Essence Hair Salon (4 time award winning salon) and Cadence Taylor Organic Beauty Products, Cert. Wellness Coach, Educator, Consultant and Author. She is extremely passionate about helping women reach their hair goals through her classes, consultations and custom hair regimens. She also helps women live a healthier lifestyle by providing wellness solutions and showing them how to remove harmful chemicals from their personal care, hair and home products. She believes that everyone has a story that needs to be shared to heal, connect, help others and give God glory so she wrote her book "One Lung to Live". It's about how a tragedy produces inspiration and life lessons that will help you become the best version of yourself. Her mantra is "Tell Your Story, it Changes Lives" and she encourages others to do the same! Tashell is the epitome of, "Where Wellness Meets Beauty!”
Read Tashell's interview with us!
Q. Can you tell us who or what inspired your beauty and wellness journey?
My inspiration for my beauty journey came from when I was a little girl. I suffered with low self - esteem. I didn’t think I was pretty and I was often sad. When my momma would take me to the hair salon, my frown turned into a smile. I came alive there and watched other women have this same experience. I thought the idea of being in such a fun ambiance filled with music, laughter, different kinds of women, food and pretty hairstyles was a dream career. I desired to have the power to make women happy and confident starting with a great hairstyle.
My inspiration for my wellness journey came from my near-death experience when I had my right lung and a portion of my main airway removed due to a rare tumor. I ended up in a medically induced coma and on a ventilator for 1.5 months. I coded 2 times and experienced every complication you can think of. I had sepsis, pneumonia, ARDS, respiratory failure and more. They didn’t know if I was going to make it. Praise God I did! He gets all the glory for my healing!! My doctor said he had never had a patient get that close to death and not die! I was discharged from the hospital after 2 months at 65 pounds. I was too weak to walk, talk or do anything for myself, BUT I WAS ALIVE! I strive to give God glory with my wellness by taking care of my mind, body as soul.
Q. As a 20 plus year licensed hair expert, when did you realize it was the right time to open Euphoric Essence Hair Salon, and how did you go about it?
I realized it was the right time to open Euphoric Essence Hair Salon when the commission based salon I was working for at the time gave us all a huge pay cut. I was a single mother of two and the pay was not enough to provide for my family. Even though I was scared out of my mind about opening my own salon, I prayed for God to help me every step of the way. Most of my co-workers had been salon owners before, so they gave me all the knowledge I needed to step out on faith and open Euphoric Essence Salon. I told my clients I was opening my salon and I bought my name as a domain name that popped to my Euphoric Essence Salon website, just in case anyone tried to find me by name. The rest is history!
"Even though I was scared out of my mind about opening my own salon, I prayed for God to help me every step of the way."
Q. Can you tell us about Cadence Taylor Organic Beauty Products, and who’s it for?
Cadence Taylor Organic Beauty is a haircare line created by 20+ year hair expert & Cert. Wellness Coach Tashell Williams. We are #1 in Hair Growth, Hair Repair and Moisture Retention! Our products deliver salon quality results with Organic, Vegan & Toxin - Free ingredients that simplify your hair care regimen, give you healthy hair and protect your health from chemicals typically found in hair care products. We are here to give you a more beautiful and healthier YOU! Our products are for women, men and kids and all textures and hair types: Straight, Wavy, Curly & Coily!
Q. In addition to being a licensed hair expert, you also coach and consult women on how to reach their goals. Can you dive deeper into the services you provide, and how women can benefit from it?
I help hairstylists and salon brands that desire to have work life balance, build a solid clientele and have financial freedom.
I help women reach their hair goals and rid of their hair concerns with a custom hair regimen.
I help women gain a sense of balance and joy of living with a wellness daily routine.
I help women live an environmentally clean lifestyle that is free of chemicals so they can have good health and a better quality of life.
"I help women live an environmentally clean lifestyle that is free of chemicals so they can have good health and a better quality of life."
Q. Showing up for yourself and others as a mom, wife, and entrepreneur can be hard. How do you keep yourself motivated and disciplined?
What helps me stay motivated is the fact that I am doing what God has created me to do. I aim to please Him with the gifts and talents that He has given to me. I have an internal fire that burns inside of me to keep going in my business because it’s my purpose. Being disciplined is one of the ways to help as many people as I can is to do the things required to reach my goals no matter how I feel.
Q. What does success mean to you?
There are many ingredients that contribute to my formula of success.
1) Success is having an intimate relationship with God. Without God I would not be who I am and where I am today. My entire life flows through the power and perfect plan of God, which gives me the confidence to do anything.
2) Success is finding out why God created you (your purpose) and how He wants to use you to help others with your gifts and talents. When I tapped into my purpose, I found fulfillment and peace that surpasses human comprehension. I never feel like I am working because what I do is in alignment with what I am created to do.
3) Success is obtaining a healthy balance of wellness (mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, environmentally, intellectually). Being well helps me to show up as my best self no matter the circumstance.
4) Success is having the freedom of time to do things that you value.
5) Success is being able to reach a goal or a desired result.
6) Success is having healthy and thriving relationships.
7) Success is having a positive impact on others through giving and serving.
"Hire a business consultant or coach to help you and make sure that you are doing things the proper way when it comes to your business such as: business structure, marketing plan, business plan, target audience, financing, taxes and more. They are the key to helping you reach and achieve your goals. They will prevent you from making lots of mistakes that result in the loss of time and money."
Q. What advice can you give aspiring entrepreneurs who would like to turn their dreams into realities?
I have sooooooo much advice to give aspiring entrepreneurs! I will share 5 tips with you.
1) Write your vision, the goals and the plan to reach them. It just something magical about writing things down. When you see it, you can envision it, then you will accomplish it.
2) Pray about everything. God will always be with you, guide you and give you everything you need.
3) Find your niche that puts you in your own lane. It can be a small niche. Honestly those are the best ones because if people need your solutions and there aren't many people that have it, you will be in high demand.
4) Hire a business consultant or coach to help you and make sure that you are doing things the proper way when it comes to your business such as: business structure, marketing plan, business plan, target audience, financing, taxes and more. They are the key to helping you reach and achieve your goals. They will prevent you from making lots of mistakes that result in the loss of time and money.
5) Do something you enjoy. Something that you would do even if you didn't get paid to do it. You will never feel like you are working and your customers will feel the contagious excitement you have. They will be rushing to come back!
Stay connected with Tashell on IG: https://instagram.com/cadencetaylorbeauty?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Interview by: Lee Whetstone, Founder and EIC